Monday, December 7, 2009

Blogging whore or Blogging bore??

Originally, I thought I was going to be a blogging whore. Now, I'm just a blogging bore.

I haven't written a blog in over a week, you all must miss me. It's not to say that I haven't tried, because I have. I have written 3 other posts, but have yet to publish them. I tend to write while I am laying in bed and usually, about halfway through, I get tired. And, I start driiiiiifting, become unmotivated, and save it with big promises to pick-up where I left off later. Not so much, SO, here I am. Ta-da!

Now, what to talk about...

Oooh! I worked out tonight. I haven't done that in months and you can definitely tell. Prior to the wedding, I participated in wedding bootcamp and it was AWESOME! It really kicked my butt and I found a style of workout that I love. Which, if you know me, is a big deal because I don't do that. Workout, that is.

Anyway, post-wedding, I decided that I could reward myself for all my hardwork. I started with the honeymoon; indulging here and there. Then, we came home and I ate a cheeseburger that I hadn't allowed myself to have pre-nuptials. From there, it all rolled downhill. The snowball effect, if you will. Although, substitute icecream for snowball.....

Needless to say, I have yet to get back on that workout horse and ride off into the svelte sunset. I tried. I signed up for bootcamp again in October. But, the day the class was supposed to start, they cancelled it. I chalked that up to fate, and continued to sit on my butt waiting for divine intervention or a personal invitation from The Biggest Loser. Neither came, so I decided to try a new class that my former trainer, Kate, was doing with a new company.

That. Was. Tonight. I can feel my muscles pulsating through my skin. Not necessarily because they are building up big and buff, but because they are chanting angerly in unison at me: "WHAAAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US?!" Okay, it wasn't that bad, but Kate can be pretty hardcore. She is this fit, cute, fitness-lover that packs a drill-sergeantess punch. She doesn't make me do the work, but she makes me want to do the work. But, please, do not tell anyone that I just admitted that....it will ruin my reputation.

I need to get back into this routine. I feel better about myself, I look better, and for once, the term: "working out," doesn't insinuate that I got my daily cardio with laps around the mall. I'm sure my credit card appreciates that...

I don't know what tomorrow will bring; but hopefully, whatever it is...ibuprofen and a heating pad won't be far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment